This is the basic model Shocker from Smart Parts, referred as the base model Shocker because it represents the starting point for all other Shockers, and is totally non-upgraded. It is obviously the cheapest as a result.
These markers were sold between 2003-2006, and the standard part configuration changed slightly as the years passed. Before being discontinued in 2006, the stock parts were as follows:
· Stock Shocker trigger
· Pressure gauge for vertical adapter as of 2005
· Vertical Max-Flo regulator (as of late 2003)
· Smart Parts "Angle drop" with Smartvalve ASA
· Stock non-HE bolt assembly
· Crosshair bolt guide
· All American barrel 14"
· Stock non-clamping feedneck
· Vision boards were made a standard part in 2006, but cost an additional $100 for 2003-2005 Shockers. Vision Shockers come with a Nerve board for rebound modes and expanded dwell adjustment (expanded compared to the previous version of boards).
· Shockers were released in mid-2003 but the "default" color schemes weren't available until 2004. These original 2004 colors included gloss black, red, blue, and pewter.
· In mid 2005 more colors were added to both Shockers and Nerves: gloss olive, orange, pink, yellow, silver, and dust black.
· Occasionally, other dust finish markers would appear from time to time, including green, silver, olive, and others.
· Some factory fades (example fade) were produced in 2003 and 2004 but these were rare and didn't last past 2004.
· The original 2003 colors included "electric blue", black, and gold. The bright electric-blue markers were the first Shockers produced, all serial numbers below SH1400. Gold and electric blue markers are both from 2003 and the color didn't carry into later years; later yellow Shockers are more common, but their color is brighter in hue compared to the 2003 gold markers.